Welcome to our Church! | ¡Bienvenido a nuestra Iglesia!
Let's stay connected! Please keep an eye on this website and our facebook page for regular updates!
HOLY WEEK UPDATE
1) Blessed Palms. Father will bless the palm branches ahead of time, and they will be set on tables outside of the church on Saturday and Sunday. Please be safe and sanitary and responsible!!
a) Stay home if you are in the "at risk" category for COVID-19.
b) Stay home if you have been exposed or if you are feeling sick.
c) Sanitize your hands before taking a Palm and only touch one palm! If you touch it, you take it.
d) Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart!) if anyone else is around at the same time.
2) Palm Sunday Live Stream. We will broadcast the live stream of Sunday Mass at 8am on our facebook page. The Spanish Mass live stream will follow at approximately 9am.
3) Holy Week Masses. Mon / Tues / Wed mornings we will have 8am live stream Masses.
4) Holy Thursday (Apr 9) - Mass of the Lord's Supper will be live streamed from St. Raymond's. As in past years, this Mass will be held at 7:00pm. St. Raymond's will be locked during that time. St. Mary's unlocked from 9am to 9pm - never more than 9 people and stay 6 feet apart.
5) Good Friday (Apr 10) - The Celebration of the Lord's Passion will be live streamed from St. Raymond's at 2:00pm. St. Raymond's will be locked during that time. St. Mary's unlocked from 9am to 9pm - never more than 9 people and stay 6 feet apart.
6) Holy Saturday (Apr 11) - The Easter Vigil will be celebrated at St. Raymond's at 9:00pm and broadcast via live stream. St. Raymond's will be locked during that time .St. Mary's unlocked from 9am to 9pm - never more than 9 people and stay 6 feet apart.
7) Easter Sunday (Apr 12) - Live Stream Mass at 8am from both parishes. Spanish live stream at 9am. No public Masses. St. Mary's will be unlocked about 10:30am on Easter morning until 9pm.
8) Easter Season (Apr 12-???) - As long as current social distancing restrictions are needed we will continue our practice of a daily live stream of Masses at 8am.
Without being able to take up a weekly collection, our parish needs your financial support now more than ever. Thanks to the Diocese of La Crosse for setting us up for safe and secure online giving.
Update from Father Sakowski (posted at 2:30p on 24 March 2020)
Today Governor Evers released his "Safer at Home Order".
It is an important civic and moral duty for each of us to stay at home as much as possible, aside from strictly essential needs, and to practice handwashing and social distancing. Please help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by being safe and responsible!
How does this affect our parishes? Section 13h gives an exemption to "religious facilities, entities, groups, and gatherings" within the following limits: any gathering shall include fewer than 10 people in a room or confined space at a time and individuals shall adhere to Social Distancing Requirements as much as possible.
We have already been very diligent about complying and cooperating with those restrictions. The following practices remain in force until further notice:
- Public Masses Cancelled. All our normally scheduled Masses are cancelled.
- Tune in to our Live Stream Mass on facebook! We will stream our Mass every single morning (including Sunday morning) at 8am. Look for that on our facebook page! You can watch it live at 8am, or you can tune in any time.
- Help Others find the Mass. Please help others who don't know how to use facebook to find our facebook page and know how to watch. Or direct them to the 9:30am TV Mass on Sunday.
- Confessions. The Sacrament of Confession is available in the parking lot by drive-up method. Mon/Wed/Fri from 7-9pm and Sat from 10am-Noon. Look for the lineup of cars. Drive up to the next available priest. Stay in your car / shut off the ignition.
- Church will still be unlocked. The church is unlocked daily from 9:00am to 9:00pm for private prayer or to drop off your donation envelope. We will continue complying with the Governor's requirement to have 9 or fewer people at all times and keeping at least 6 feet apart from each other.
- Offertory Giving. Without public Masses, we are really going to need your support. Ways to keep giving: (a) Drop off your envelope; (b) Mail in your donation (1812 Lynn Ave Altoona 54720); or give online now.
- Office Hours. Per the Governor's request, we are to maintain minimal operations only. The office will be open Mon-Thurs from 9am to Noon.
Until you are once again able go to communion in person, please take the time to make a spiritual communion, praying for all the same blessings and graces from the Lord. You can use these or similar words:
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never
permit me to be separated from You.