Adults or older children seeking baptism should contact our pastor directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mary’s Parish shares your joy at the gift of life from the Lord! It is so wonderful that you have chosen to share your Catholic Faith with your new child.
On this page, you will find the materials that are designed to assist you in the process of welcoming your child into the Catholic Faith:
- A brochure which offers guidelines for parents preparing for Baptism at St. Mary’s.
- A Registration Form for you to fill out and send/e-mail to the parish.
- A brochure which we ask you to read and then send to your godparents. Please note the need to have their pastors affirm they are practicing members of their parish.
- “Baptismal Sponsor Affirmation Statement” (must be completed by Catholic godparents).
- “Baptismal Witness Affirmation Statement” (must be completed by non-Catholic godparents).
You are asked to participate in two sessions which meet according to the dates and times indicated in the brochure. These sessions may be completed in either order. One is an evening presentation, by me personally, on what baptism is all about. The second is a Sunday brunch, directed by parents from our parish who have firsthand experience of what it means to be a Catholic family of faith in the midst of the difficult challenges of our society. I believe you will learn much from them about the art of Christian parenting. They will also provide ample time for discussion of the issues presented.
I look forward to your evening session with me and other new parents, at which time I will also have the opportunity to speak with each of you personally. If you have any questions or concerns about the process of preparation or the celebration of the Sacrament please do not hesitate to contact me at any time: 715-855-1294.
In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Father Derek Sakowski