2023-2024 | St. Mary and St. Raymond jointly host a Confirmation prep process to help candidates get connected to God and to each other. Confirmation is a two-year prep process (per the Diocese of La Crosse) with candidates usually receiving Confirmation sophomore year. However, students can receive the sacrament anytime after that as well!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Once a month Wednesday gatherings – some with parents or sponsors, others just for teens
- Focused spiritual retreats, reconciliation services, and projects throughout the process
- Opportunities for community and connection with Catholic mentors and others teens
- Receive the sacrament of Confirmation from Bishop Callahan in May
Tuition for each student in their 1st or 2nd year of Confirmation preparation is $50 simply to cover the cost of materials, curriculum and retreats.
In our approach to preparation, we focus on:
- Relational Ministry. Helping teens connect to a spiritual mentor. Each teen shows up to Confirmation with a different background, different struggles, different level of education and a different perspective on God and faith. That’s why we build relationships with each teen, meeting them where they’re at and helping them become the person God created them to be. We’re not afraid to enter into the mess that comes with being a teenager in today’s world, and we’re honored to accompany them on this portion of their conversion journey.
- Individual Conversion. Helping teens encounter the love of Jesus. Although we use a thorough curriculum designed to cover all the tenets of our Catholic Faith (Purpose Confirmation through Life Teen International), our Confirmation process is not about checking off boxes. Each gathering is structured in a way that’s designed to help each individual ask tough questions, wrestle with Scripture and respond to God’s relentless love for them. Each meeting consists of: 1) a Gather Activity, 2) a Large Group Teaching, 3) Small Group Breakouts or Individual Reflection and 4) Prayer and Meditation.
- Unity & Community. Helping teens connect with each other. Today’s teens need real, face-to-face, human connection more than ever before. We focus on gently building up our community, facilitating healthy peer relationships and moving us toward true Christian unity with our parish and the Body of Christ.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Faith Formation Coordinator
715-855-1294 ext. 6504
Carmen Nunez (en Espanol)
Hispanic Faith Formation Coordinator
715-855-1294 ext. 6511
Faith Formation Coordinator
715-835-8840 ext. 122
For Adult Catholics who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, St. Mary Parish offers an Order of Initiation for Adults (OCIA) Process. For more information, CLICK HERE.