At St. Mary’s, we love helping families connect with God and each other through a unique, family-based education program called Family Faith Formation.
Here’s how Family Faith Formation works:
- Come to St. Mary’s just once a month.
- 5:30pm | Family Meal + Confession Available
- 6:00pm | Meet in the Church
- 6:15pm | Go to Your Classrooms (kids K-5 + parents + childcare)
- 7:30pm | Dismiss!
- Go to Class. The kids enjoy their own grade-level classrooms while you, as parents, hear from a special speaker on the same topic.
- September: Kickoff & Magic Show from Father Sakowski
- October: What Goes Around Comes Around (Liturgical Seasons)
- November: Living & Dying to Become a Saint
- December: Prepare the Way of the Lord (Nativity & Incarnation)
- January: The Heart of the Home: Jesus in the Eucharist
- February: Go Tell It on the Mountain: Evangelization
- March: Jesus’ Compassion in His Passion (Stations of the Cross)
- April #1: Our Father, Who Art in Heaven
- April #2: Tongues of Fire, Wings of a Dove (Holy Spirit)
- Pick up your Home Activity Packet (English or Spanish). Use the teaching notes, games, crafts and conversation prompts during your weekly family lessons.
- Attend Mass each week. Each time you do, fill out your “I went to Mass” cards and bring them to your monthly class for a drawing!
That’s it! The entire family learns about the same topic, each month, at their own, age-appropriate level. Enjoy connecting as a family with God and each other. Watch the video below to learn a little bit more.
What if I have a 6th, 7th or 8th grader? Click here to learn more about our Middle School Youth Group.
What if I have a child who wants to be confirmed? Click here to learn more about the Confirmation prep process, usually for 9th and 10th graders.
What if I have a teen who is confirmed and is ready for ongoing faith formation and discipleship? Contact Jacqueline Van Hemert, Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation, to learn more about joining a teen discipleship group. JacquelineEVanHemert@gmail.com or 715-855-1294, ext 106.