May the peace of Christ be with you, now more than ever! Although this year has been full of pandemic, change, fears, and anxieties, we are more confident and excited than ever about offering family-based catechesis. As a parish, we believe that the student is the whole family. It’s our mission to support, encourage and empower your family in your role as the Domestic Church, helping you to connect with each other and experience the transforming love of Christ.
This 2020-2021 year at St. Mary’s, we are resuming in-person programs at the recommendation of our Bishop, Diocese, Pastor, Staff and ultimately all of you! Below, you’ll find registration information, along with the specific Covid-related policies, procedures and precautions we have put in place to ensure our parish programs operate in a safe, loving and responsible way.
Our Parish Catechetical Leaders and support team are working with the local county health department to ensure that the re-opening of our parish programs goes smoothly. We will be taking every reasonable precaution, with your help, to keep our catechetical environment safe and healthy. We have a detailed plan, including the three aspects of Protective Measures, Hygiene and Cleaning and Policy and Procedures for COVID-19 Exposure and Positive Tests, that will be implemented effectively by parish staff, catechists, and parents.
Please note, if you and your family are uncomfortable gathering in person or find yourself in an at-risk category, you are welcome to participate with us virtually through our livestream options! Click below to download the most recent Reopening Policies related to COVID-19.
Here’s how Family Faith Formation works:
- Come to St. Mary’s just once a month.
- 5:30pm | Family Meal + Confession Available
- 6:00pm | Meet in the Church
- 6:15pm | Go to Your Classrooms (kids K-5 + parents + childcare)
- 7:30pm | Dismiss!
- Go to Class. The kids enjoy their own grade-level classrooms while you, as parents, hear from a special speaker on the same topic.
- October: Where Heaven and Earth Meet (The Mass)
- November: I Believe! ( The Creed)
- December: Water and Fire (Baptism and Confirmation)
- January: The Call: Are You Listening? (Vocations and Holy Orders)
- February #1: Sacraments of the Sick: Everything You Wanted to Know and Never Got to Ask
- February #2: Safe Haven Sunday: Preparing Kids for Tough Moral Issues
- March: Written in Stone, Chiseled In YOur Heart (The Ten Commandments)
- April #1: Kneeling Before the Majesty of God (Eucharistic Adoration)
- April #2: Mary: God’s Masterpiece
- Pick up your Home Activity Packet (English or Spanish). Use the teaching notes, games, crafts and conversation prompts during your weekly family lessons.
- Attend Mass each week. Each time you do, fill out your “I went to Mass” cards and bring them to your monthly class for a drawing!
That’s it! The entire family learns about the same topic, each month, at their own, age-appropriate level. Enjoy connecting as a family with God and each other. Watch the video below to learn a little bit more.
What if I have a 6th, 7th or 8th grader? Click here to learn more about our Middle School Youth Group.
What if I have a child who wants to be confirmed? Click here to learn more about the Confirmation prep process, usually for 9th and 10th graders.
What if I have a teen who is confirmed and is ready for ongoing faith formation and discipleship? Click here to learn more about High School Ministry and Discipleship.
Have more questions? Please contact Maria Ricciardi, Faith Formation Coordinator, at 715-855-1294 x106 or FaithFormationSM@gmail.com.