Do you struggle to teach the Catholic Faith to your children…or perhaps to know your own Catholic Faith? Do you ever feel like you’re failing at parenting? Do you wish you had the opportunity to spend more time together as a family? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Family Formation might be just what you’ve been looking for! The Family Formation program at St. Mary’s is designed to help parents just like you to feel empowered and prepared to be the primary educators of their children in Faith.
We meet one Wednesday evening per month at St. Mary’s parish (typically the first Wednesday) from 6:30-8:00pm. At the monthly sessions, children in K-8 gather with a teacher by grade while parents attend an engaging talk by a guest speaker. This is a great opportunity for parents to learn more about their own faith and connect with other parents in our parish community. The entire family learns about the same topic each month, at their own level. Free childcare is provided for younger children, and a free meal is offered from 5:30-6:30pm as well!
In between monthly sessions, parents lead their families through take-home lessons. We truly understand the busy schedules of today’s families, which is why the weekly at-home lessons are flexible and easily adapted to your own family schedule. These lessons provide the backbone for your children’s spiritual formation in these formative years. This comprehensive program not only engages young children, but it also draws families together and equips parents to do a first-rate job in teaching the Catholic Faith to their children.
- Registration is required to enroll. Download the REGISTRATION FORM and submit it to St. Mary’s Parish Office.
- A separate Spanish session for parents is offered each month – SPANISH REGISTRATION FORM
- FAMILY FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE 2017-18
- FAMILY FAITH FORMATION MEAL MENU 2017-18
- If you cannot attend a Family Faith Formation session, alternate class dates are available at St. Raymond – ST. RAYMOND FAMILY FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE 2017-18