Do you struggle to teach the Catholic Faith to your children…or perhaps to know your own Catholic Faith? Do you ever feel like you’re failing at parenting? Do you wish you had the opportunity to spend more time together as a family? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Family Formation might be just what you’ve been looking for! The Family Formation program at St. Mary’s is designed to help parents like you feel empowered and prepared to be the primary educators of their children in Faith.
- We meet one Wednesday evening (typically the first) each month at St. Mary’s
- A free family meal is offered from 5:30-6:15pm
- Classes are offered for children K-8 from 6:15-7:30pm
- During class time, parents attend a special, engaging presentation from a guest speaker
- Free childcare is offered for younger children!
The entire family learns about the same topic each month, at their own level.
In between monthly sessions, parents lead their families through project-based take-home lessons. We truly understand the busy schedules of today’s families, which is why the at-home lessons are flexible and easily adaptable to your own family schedule. These lessons provide the backbone for your children’s spiritual formation in their formative years.
This comprehensive program draws your family together and equips you, as a parent, to do a first-rate job in teaching the Catholic Faith to their children.
- Registration is required to enroll. Download the REGISTRATION FORM and submit it to St. Mary’s Parish Office.
- A separate Spanish session for parents is offered each month – SPANISH REGISTRATION FORM
- FAMILY FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE 2017-18
- FAMILY FAITH FORMATION MEAL MENU 2017-18
- If you cannot attend a Family Faith Formation session, alternate class dates are available at St. Raymond – ST. RAYMOND FAMILY FAITH FORMATION SCHEDULE 2017-18
Did you miss a monthly gathering? Want to listen to this year’s guest speakers? Click on any of the audio links below to hear the 2017-2018 recordings from each monthly guest speaker.
The Mass: Where Heaven and Earth Meet
Father Derek Sakowski
The Creed: I Believe!
Baptism & Confirmation: Water & Fire
Vocations & Holy Orders: Are You Listening to The Call?
Father Billy Dodge
Anointing of the Sick: Everything you wanted to know and never got to ask
Father Dan Thelen