Congratulations on your engagement! Are you interested in getting married at St. Mary’s? Your first step should be a meeting with our pastor! Dates fill up far in advance, and the preparation process takes 6-12 months. To set up your first appointment and get the process moving, contact Father Sakowski via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone at 715-855-1294, ext 101.
For details on the process, click to download the Wedding Brochure
CHECKLIST FOR MARRIAGE PREPARATION AT ST. MARY’S AND ST. RAYMOND’S
- Meet with pastor to complete “Prenuptial Questionnaire,” conduct some initial discussions, and (assuming all is in order) set a date.
- Read the document “In Perfect Union” and meet twice with a mentoring couple to discuss it. Father will give you the document and the contact info for the couple.
- Complete the Diocese of La Crosse online course for NFP (Natural Family Planning), or the equivalent [takes about 6 hours of time over the course of two months].
- Attend one of the marriage retreats offered by the diocese (or complete the equivalent through a series of meetings with pastor and couples from the parish). For a complete listing of retreats throughout the Diocese of LaCrosse, click here.
- complete the FOCCUS (a compatibility questionnaire) and followup with the pastor or wedding coordinator
- Plan the wedding details (readings, decorations, music, etc.)
- Meet as needed with pastor after the retreat & completion of the compatibility questionnaire to discuss what you’ve learned.
- Rehearsal (normally the evening before the wedding)
- Requested Donations for Weddings: $200 for active parish members or $400 for non-members or inactive parishioners