If you are interested in getting married at St. Mary’s? YOUR FIRST STEP SHOULD BE A MEETING WITH THE PASTOR. Dates fill up far in advance, and the preparation process takes 6-12 months. To set up your first appointment and get the process moving, contact Fr. Sakowski via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone: (715) 855-1294, ext 101.
For details on the process, check out the Wedding Brochure
OVERVIEW OF MARRIAGE PREPARATION AT
ST. MARY’S AND ST. RAYMOND’S
- Meet with pastor to complete “Prenuptial Questionnaire,” conduct some initial discussions, and (assuming all is in order) set a date.
- Read the document “In Perfect Union” and meet twice with a mentoring couple to discuss it. Father will give you the document and the contact info for the couple.
- Complete the Diocese of La Crosse online course for NFP (Natural Family Planning), or the equivalent [takes about 6 hours of time over the course of two months].
- Attend one of the marriage retreats offered by the diocese (or complete the equivalent through a series of meetings with pastor and couples from the parish).
- For a complete listing of retreats throughout the diocese go to this website: http://www.dioceseoflacrosse.com/ministry_resources/family_life/marriageprep/MarriagePrepSchedules.htm?
- complete the FOCCUS (a compatibility questionnaire) and followup with the pastor or wedding coordinator
- Plan the wedding details (readings, decorations, music, etc.)
- Meet as needed with pastor after the retreat & completion of the compatibility questionnaire to discuss what you’ve learned.
- Rehearsal (normally the evening before the wedding)
Requested Donations for Weddings:
$200 for active parish members;
$400 for non-members or inactive parishioners