You have 2 hours to complete this round. Email your team answers to email@example.com
[For complete contest rules click here]
ALL THESE CLUES ARE LOCATED IN THE CITY OF ALTOONA. Some are located in parks or public areas – for those you will need to get out of your car and go on foot.
PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY!!
1) This man begins with a bicycle and a tetherball. Nearby is a bright yellow house. Solve the puzzle to find out the rest of the clue: https://jigex.com/RrLmP [3 pts]
2) Where the same man meets his end, you will find a Raven on a fence. To the right of the Raven is a train with capital letters at the bottom. What three letters? [2 pts]
3) Find the rainbow alphabet that is all jumbled up. At the top left is a green T. What letter is at the bottom right? [2 pts]
4) Find the Peace Path. According to the instructions, which feet go first? [3 pts]
5) This man was a Lion, not to mention a husband, father, grandfather, and good friend. He made a difference (he was also an active St. Mary’s parishioner!). What was his name? [2 pts]
6) Locate the Gaga Ball Pit, and read the rules carefully. Please submit rule #3 as your answer to this question [2 pts].
7) Find the little library that encourages you to enjoy but not destroy. What female teacher is honored there? [2 pts]
8) Find the other little library – the one with all the hands on it, not far from the walking path. What famous author is quoted on the outside? [4 pts]
9) How many of those little libraries are there?? Find this one, solve the puzzle, and answer the question: https://jigex.com/SspDj [5 pts]
10) Follow the Feather and you will find a fish jumping out of a mailbox. What are the digits on that mailbox? [3 pts]
11) Is a tree blocking the trail? You can email Dean Roth. What should you put in the subject line? [3 pts]
12) Love me some Korean Egg Rolls! Every time I buy them, I use the gift of Richard and Willard. What year did they give their gift? [1 pt]
13) Find Cerberus and the Grim Reaper, holding his scythe. What is the Reaper holding in his other hand? [3 pts]
14) Locate the many moving vans. Up the small hill you might see two large cats. What business rests atop that hill? [3 pts]
15) HOME is apparently where the goat and frog hang out by the birdbath. To the left you’ll find a flower garden. According to the sign, whose garden is it? [4 pts]
16) Tiptoe through the Tulip to find a large star amidst three sunflowers. Look below to see a sign warning you of immanent danger! What are you supposed to beware of? [3 pts]
17) Solve this puzzle for the ultimate clue: https://jigex.com/Afyc9 [5 pts]
Your team may also earn 1 point each (up to 5 points) for photos of your team at the various clue locations (by submitting photos you are giving St. Mary’s permission to use them in future communications and promotions).
Good luck teams!!